Tomorrow morning we are leaving for our first vacation as a family of 5!
It is a mini vacation and it is an absolute no frills vacation but it is most certain a much needed vacation from life on Long Island. Not that life on Long Island is bad....because we love it here and would not want to be anywhere else.....but we so need time away....just the 5 of us! I am so excited I can't go to sleep!
We knew in order to truly rest and relax from the craziest busiest summer yet, we had to get away from our house for a few days. But, at the same time cost is an issue, so we had to go somewhere close with a lot of free touristy things to do. We decided on Philadelphia. We passed through there on the way home from Washington DC, and we said we should go back there some day...and now we are.
I had no idea Philadelphia has so much history there. We will only be gone 3 nights but I will take it! We look forward to seeing the Liberty Bell and touring Independence Hall and going to one of the top 10 parks in the nation. And it's all free! We got a dirt cheap hotel rate from Priceline and we're bringing breakfast foods and sandwich stuff for lunches with us, which will not only save money but will keep us away from fast food junk as well! I am just so happy to be able to have Sterling all to ourselves. Sterling and I realized that until last night, we had not even eaten dinner together alone as a family since a week before we went to Canada. This has been a very hard summer on all of us but Sterling especially and it has taken a toll on him. I have never seen him this tired and worn out. This will be a much needed 3 days of nothing but fun easy going family time! I am thankful God always provides just what we need....just when we need it!
No comments:
Post a Comment