Joyful Ramblings of a Mommy of 3 Princesses!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Day in the City!












Yesterday, I decided to take the girls to the city for the day. Sterling had already decided to work in the city all day. He gets a lot more done when he can get away from all the distractions the church office brings. So, I thought it might be fun to do something with the girls and then meet up with Sterling for dinner. I was a little apprehensive at first, because Avery had never been to the city before and it would be a lot for me to manage with all 3 girls, car seat, stroller, and diaper bag, etc. But, I decided to go for it, and I am so very glad I did. We had a blast together!
Everywhere we went, there were nice people there to offer to help me with the stroller. When we got to the LIRR, there was nothing but stairs to get up to the train platform. 3 different sets at that. A guy came right up and carried the stroller for me. Then, once we got to the NYC subway, I asked an older man if I was taking the uptown or downtown train, and he offered me 2 of his maps to keep. So nice. I had someone else offer to carry the stroller up the stairs once we reached our stop on the subway. It was great. The girls were wonderful. Madison gets nervous without Sterling in the city, but she did not show it at all. She was brave and had an awesome attitude and helped make sure Emma stayed right with us every step. We walked up Central Park West to the Natural Museum of History. We had 2 free admission passes so that was great. We had so much fun. 4 floors of history awaiting us. We walked through it all. It took about 3 hours, but the time flew. We have to go back again because the butterfly observatory was closed for the season. The girls thought it was cool to see parts of where "Night at the Museum" was filmed. Especially after going to the Smithsonian last month. Emma was getting tired, so we called Sterling and he was just across the street in Central Park. He came over to the main entrance of the museum to meet us. We then caught the subway together to Times Square. We ate at our favorite place in Times Square, Dallas BBQ, because it is nice, cool, good food, and very inexpensive!! After dinner, we walked 8 blocks back to Penn Station to catch the train home. We had a great day. It felt like we were on vacation. I love my girls so much. I love being with them. I love even more being together as a family!

No comments: