Madison had her first dance at school this past Friday. It pretty much freaked Sterling and I out that our baby girl was going to a dance. It is hard to believe she is a teenager. It was a 7th & 8th grade halloween dance. Everyone wore costumes. Madison as you can see, was an M&M. We couldn't wait to pick her up and see how it went. She had fun with her friends, but I'm not so sure she will go to another one....this year anyways, and we are completely fine with that :). She was not impressed with the way many of the 8th grade girls were dressed and the way they acted with the 8th grade boys on the dance floor. She's seen the "Full House" episode when DJ Tanner's boyfriend drinks at the 8th grade dance and so she joked with us before hand about that. She's so funny. She understood that some may not make wise choices, but that she needs to make the wise choice. We did not really say anything to her about what to expect because we figured how bad can a middle school dance be with the principal and teachers there?? Well, she wasn't expecting it to be what it was. The principal at one point had to stop the band and the slow music because it got so out of hand with the dancing. That is so sad to me. We encouraged her to go because we wanted her to continue making friends and getting to know them better, but I have to say, I am proud that Madison came home feeling the way she did. I am glad she recognized on her own that those behaviors do not honor God, and that it made her uncomfortable just being around it. I know her opinions on boys and even dances will change soon, but I pray her desire to honor God, even when everyone around her does not, will never change....but only grow stronger!
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
So proud of the M&M girl! Can't wait to see everyone in a couple of weeks! Poppy
1 comment:
So proud of the M&M girl! Can't wait to see everyone in a couple of weeks!
Poppy
Post a Comment