Joyful Ramblings of a Mommy of 3 Princesses!
Friday, October 28, 2011
"Avery the Actress"
Avery is growing up fast and her personality becomes more evident and cuter by the day. She is at such a fun age right now, just about to be 3. She is very dramatic in every thing she does. She talks non stop and always makes us laugh. About a month ago, Avery saw me giving Madison some liquid children's advil, because I did not have any adult advil. Avery loves the taste of medicine. She calls it candy, because I used to tell her vitamins were candy, so she would eat them :). She cried and pleaded for some medicine, and I told her no, that it was medicine, not candy, and only for when you are sick. She quickly moved on and asked for candy, which meant vitamin. So yesterday, Emma had to get 2 spacers put in her mouth to make room for a retainer to expand her pallet and fix her cross bite. She woke up this morning in pain because the spacers are already doing the job. So, I pulled out the children's advil. A few seconds later, she walked into the kitchen and looked at me with sad eyes, lips pouted, and her head cocked to the side for even further dramatic effect, and said "Mommy, I'm sick", in such a sad little voice. At first, I looked at her like oh poor baby, what's wrong, and I was actually somewhat surprised she understood what sick even meant, because she was so expressive about it. But, she obviously knew exactly what sick looks like by the dramatic show she put on for me, and she learned a month ago sick equals medicine! I figured out within two seconds that I was holding the advil in my hand and that she had seen it and wanted some and had figured out she might could fool mommy. I laughed and scooped her up and hugged her adorable little self, and told her "you're not sick, and you can't have medicine." She gave a little smile and said " k, I want candy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment