It's crazy that it's been a year since I last blogged! Wow, how time flies! My 3 princesses have kept me busy and so much has happened this past year. God has and continues to do amazing things all around us. Life is as good as it gets right now for me. Not because everything is going perfectly or because there are no bumps in my road. Because there are challenges in every direction. But its as good as it gets because God is alive and working in my heart, mind, and soul, and He is taking me to new heights and wonders in my walk with Him!
God is doing amazing things at church. He is moving in such jaw dropping ways that completely overwhelm me. He has brought so many amazing beautiful women into my life this past few months. I began co-leading a women's Life Group at church with a woman who has become my mentor. And in that Life Group is a group of women who truly rock my world! Their desire to grow in the Lord inspires and excites me like never before! I shared with them last week that I kinda had a pity party for myself the past few weeks. I was down on my outward appearance and I was letting that affect my week and rob my joy. This is not a new thing. I have dealt with insecurity since I was a little girl. I do not see myself as God sees me. I always think if I could only change this one thing.....I would feel so much better......but there's always another thing.
I've been reading this book by Beth Moore called "Get Out of the Pit". Best book ever so far! Every woman should read this. I can't say enough about it. Anyways, I was reading scripture from one of the chapters and I was so convicted to get out of this pit of insecurity. I was thinking about what I am teaching my 3 princesses. Do I want them to see me as someone who is not secure in her maker? NO! I want my girls and the women God brings into my life to see me as a woman who lives in FREEDOM in EVERY area of her life! God has done so many amazing things in my life. He has freed me from different Pits along the way and has transformed me from the inside out. But, I kept the battle of insecurity to myself. I did not realize what a negative impact it had on my life. Getting out of the Pit takes work. Hard work. God is not going to miraculously pull me out, although He could. I have to want to be out. I have to allow God to renew my mind daily because satan wants nothing more than for me to keep my home in that pit.
I choose to see myself as Christ sees me!! Then....I go see Courageous with Sterling and some friends from church.....and well that just rocked my world all the more! Wow!!! Best movie ever in my opinion!! It may have been talking to fathers, but it so applies to us moms and it confirmed all God is doing in my heart and mind right now, and the mom He calls me to be!! Go see the movie! Its worth every penny and more!
So, I decided I needed to get back to blogging. Blogging in the past was a way for me to share stuff with our families who all live far away :(. Now, I want to blog to journal all God does in my life and the life of my 3 princesses, so one day they can look back and see all the different ways God moved and worked in our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment