The last 2 days have just been crazy for me. Let me start from the beginning. I took Avery for her 6 month check up yesterday after Kidz Camp. The pediatrician wanted her to get her shots before we left for Canada. I was anxious about getting her head circumference checked for fear that the fluid would have increased. Avery weighed in at 13 lbs, 23 inches long. When the doc measured her head, 3 different times, she figured Avery's head had grown about 2cm. She believed that it could be excessive because she still was shooting up the chart instead of curving, which she should be doing for this age. At the same time, preemies grow more rapidly, and so you can't base everything on a normal curve. She ordered an ultrasound at the hospital for this morning so we could get the results before going to Vancouver. Needless to say, I was anxious about it all. Once again, worried about possible brain surgery. This morning as I was driving to the hospital, I was listening to the Kidz Camp CD, trying to learn it for Canada, because I am leading the music there. There is this one song called "All Things". I was singing it over and over again. God used this very simple children's vbs song to really speak to me. The words that just hit me were "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.....I will trust Him to take care of me in all things....I will not fear the future because I believe."
I already knew these things to be true, but God knew that very moment, that I needed to hear them again....really hear them. I was singing and I replaced the word me with Avery's name a few of the times. The more I sang it the more I wanted to keep singing it because the truth of that song filled my heart with joy. I was not afraid. I knew even if Avery ever does need surgery, God would take of her. And most of all, I do not have to fear the future concerning Avery or my own, because I believe! How awesome is that truth! It excites me to type it! God excites ME! His grace is amazing. I can't get enough of it.
After I got to the hospital, I was in the waiting room, and this guy, maybe 35 or so, asked me if my baby was okay. I just smiled and said "yes, she's fine", and then looked back at Avery. He waited a moment and then said "the reason I am asking is because I read the back of your t-shirt. (my crossroads church shirt) and he bent down into this plastic hospital bag, and pulled out his bible! I was floored. You just don't see that in New York. I went on to tell him about Avery and about the fluid in her brain, and then he told me about why he was there. He was having an ex ray to find about pain in his back, which turned out to be kidney stones, which I know all about from experience! He could not believe I knew all about them, and it was so crazy that is what he had. He shared with me that his 13 year old was premature and understood what I was going through. I told him about Crossroads, and he just could not believe we moved here just to plant a church. After a while of talking, he scooted closer to me and said "my hands are clean...give me yours." I gave him my hand and he prayed for Avery. Very simple and short but so touched my heart. He got up and was ready to leave. I wished him well passing the stone, and he looked down at me and Avery and said. "She will be fine." I am still overwhelmed at how God placed us in that waiting room at the very same time for a very specific purpose. To again reassure me that He is ALL I need and not to fear because He is taking care of Avery and always will. After leaving the hospital, I found out I could get the results at the Neurologist office at 3:30 today. It was 11:30 at the time. I went home, and even though I wanted to know the results, I was not afraid of the results. God is so faithful. I went to the doctor and well God just kept on flooring me! Not only did Avery's fluid not increase, it actually has started to decrease!!!! Praise God!!! Her head growth was just plain growth!!! I was ready to shout from the rooftop. I am not surprised at God's miracle today for Avery and even myself, because I believe in miracles with every part of my being, but I am stunned with amazement when I see them and marvel over how Great and how Good and how BIG our God is! I praise Him now........Oh I just am in awe right now.......there's just nothing else to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment