Sterling got spacers today in his mouth. The first step to getting braces. He gets his braces on next Tuesday! I have wanted to be able to get him braces ever since we first met. He has needed them so badly. When we first started dating, I quickly learned that Sterling always puts others needs before himself. He would rather make sure everyone else's needs are met rather than his own. He is a very selfless man. I so love that about him, but after 16 years of telling him we needed to make braces a priority for him, I decided it was happening. God blessed us with a tax return that we could use to afford his braces. When he went to the office, the dentist and orthodontist said if he did not get braces, he would quickly end up losing all his teeth due to severe gum disease caused by a lack of space in his mouth. The braces will fix that problem. We were not at all surprised by that. I am so thankful for God's provision for these so needed braces. I am so thankful for a husband who for his entire life has always put his needs second. His mouth is already hurting from the spacers and it is just day 1. Braces at this age is not very pleasant, but it will be worth it in the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment