Joyful Ramblings of a Mommy of 3 Princesses!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our Newest Blessing!

As most of you know, our newest blessing, Avery Hope, was born 3 months premature on Christmas Day, 2008. She was in the nicu until finally coming home to us on Valentines Day. Avery was born at 2lbs 4 oz and is now almost 10 lbs. She is growing so fast! She is on a special preemie formula which causes her to gain weight faster than she would on a regular formula. She is already in her 5th month but still looks like a newborn. She is so precious.
Having preclampsia was one of the scariest things I have ever gone through. I honestly thought I was going to die in that hospital. And now, more than 4 months later, I would do it all over again. I love being a mom. I am so blessed to have my 3 girls, my 3 babies! Avery changes every day. Being a preemie, she experiences milestones a little later than the average full term baby. She is already smiling all the time now. She smiles even when no one is talking to her. She smiles at the wall! She is a happy baby. She has also started to drool like crazy. We all adore her. I can't really explain it, but there is a special sweetness to her. She is just so so so sweet. Like I said, I can't explain it. Her latest photo was taken today and is posted on the side!
Not many people have seen her yet. Some think I am going overboard keeping her away so long. I admit I am a bit of a control freak (okay...big one) and somewhat of a germaphobic when it comes to my girls, but I am following doctors orders. I was excited about finally taking her to church on Mother's Day, which is officially 8 wks past her original due date of March 15. The doctors said to keep her away from public places until then. But, then the swine flu happened. When I took Avery to her check up yesterday, her doctor told me to keep her at home, except for the occasional walk outside for fresh air, until the swine flu is over. Who knows how long that will be?? I was pretty down at first because I am so ready to be out of the house, plus I am even more ready to show her off! But, my sweet sister reminded me to cherish this special time I have with her because it goes by so fast! She is right. I will cherish every single second!

No comments: