Joyful Ramblings of a Mommy of 3 Princesses!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jon and Kate plus 8!



Sterling is not a big fan of reality tv shows. He says he has enough drama in his own life than to watch other peoples drama. Well, I happen to like reality tv for the most part. It is interesting to watch how other people do things.
After bringing Avery home from the Nicu, I would have to sit and hold her for a lot of the time because of her reflux, so I happened to catch an episode of Jon and Kate plus eight for the first time. I had heard about the show of course, but until recently, we did not get the TLC channel. Well, after one episode, I was pretty much hooked. Of course the kids are adorable, but it is just very interesting to watch how Kate manages all 8 kids. Although, I do not agree with everything she does or how she sometimes acts, I have learned a lot of good things from watching the show. And one thing I love that she always says, is that she is not perfect. So many people are out to judge her right now, and I just can't be one of them. She is not perfect. She will make mistakes like the rest of us each and every day. She has definitely changed her appearance over the years, but who hasn't? We all try to improve our appearance as we get older. And I don't know about the rest of you moms, but who hasn't worked on improving your looks after you get past the first year of having a baby? And she had 6 at one time. But, that's beside the point.
The new season starts tomorrow and millions will tune in to see the fate of Jon and Kate's marriage. The media frenzy is ridiculous. I have to say my heart is truly broken for that family. There is nothing for any of us to judge, because we are not the one who judges. But, it is pretty obvious to most that the fame and fortune the show has brought this family has become more important than their family and marriage. Satan has such a way of making us justify our choices. Whether it's having an affair or sacrificing our family for an extra buck. Either way, despite both of their mistakes, Jon and Kate, as Christians, have a HUGE choice to make right now. They can chose to forgive and allow God to heal their broken hearts and marriage or they can do as the world does, and end it. (Let me be clear... so I do not step on any toes, I also know there are sometimes situations, where one spouse refuses to turn from sin and repent, and in those cases, God may choose to lead in another direction, and of course God must do the leading.) Millions of people have been watching the Gosselin's lives unfold since their 6 precious babies were born, and what an awesome jaw dropping testimony they could have if they allowed God to do the Possible with the impossible. And I strongly URGE everyone out there who loves the Lord, to lift the Gosselin family up in prayer!!! To pray that a miracle will happen in the lives of BOTH Jon and Kate. That they will BOTH allow God to do a complete restoration on their hearts and minds.
I know with all that is in me that ALL things are possible with God! ALL things!!
Please pray for the Gosselins.

No comments: