Joyful Ramblings of a Mommy of 3 Princesses!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Moving Up Ceremony!








Time flies. It seems like only yesterday that I was crying as I dropped Madison off at her first day of Kindergarten. And yet this morning, I found myself overwhelmed with tears as she crossed the stage at her moving up ceremony. Oh did she look so beautiful and so grown up in her beautiful dress and tiny high heel shoes! Tears stream down my face as I type this because it is truly overwhelming for me and just hard to believe that she is leaving Elementary School and going into Middle School. This is just one of many milestones she will cross in her journey, but right now in the moment.......it feels like a mountain to me. She is becoming less and less a little girl and more and more a young woman, and that is hard for any mother to grasp I suppose. We are so proud of the young lady she is becoming. I have 7 years left before she leaves for college. And my prayer is that I will be a Godly example to her in every area of my life. Please pray for me as I let go and let God. It is such my human nature to want to control every aspect of these next few years of her life. To try and navigate her way for her. To try and prevent and protect her from making wrong choices by controlling every move. But, I am learning that I can't be in control of my own life much less her life, because there is only one Tour Guide, and that is The Lord. Instead, I need to influence her, for as long as she is in my care, by the way I choose to live my life each day. A hard task....a very huge responsibility. But, one I am honored to take on my knees.

No comments: