Joyful Ramblings of a Mommy of 3 Princesses!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Joy in the Small Stuff!

Our life groups just started back a few weeks ago, and this time I am a part of a new life group for our Worship Team. We are going through a study/devotional called Pure Praise. It is a great book and I am really enjoying each day. The book is focusing on the fact that Worship is a lifestyle. On day 2 of week 1, the writer talked about how God is interested in even our menial tasks, like mowing the grass, eating a cheeseburger, or even just sleeping. The writer explained it by comparing the way a mother and father receive joy from their children. How our kids do not need to be doing something in order to please us. My 3 girls bring me joy and pleasure simply because of who they are: my daughters......just as I am God's daughter. I was really moved by that illustration. I never thought of it that way before. How awesome to know I bring God joy in the small things and I can worship him in ALL things.
So, that gets me to why I am blogging this. That very evening after reading that devotional, I went to check on Emma before going to bed. I always check on the girls before I go to bed, because they are usually sweating and need some of the covers pulled down. When I walked into Emma's room, I looked at her and just burst into the biggest smile. She had found an old eye mask and was wearing it. She had never worn it before and I do not know what made her think to wear it that night, but it immediately reminded me of my devotional that morning. Just her sleeping brought me such joy. I ran down stairs to get the camera to capture the memory. All 3 of my girls always bring me great joy doing anything or doing nothing it all, but this particular night was a special treat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing! Haha! I love sweet Emma Grace who forever gave me the nickname Ju-Ju. :) Thanks for sharing, Jenna. I was encouraged by what you're learning too. Love you.

kay c said...

That Emma just makes me smile! Hope you are hunkered down out of the snow! Love all of you...