Joyful Ramblings of a Mommy of 3 Princesses!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Another Big Milestone!


I am so excited! 2 weeks ago a developmental therapist came to our house to check on Avery. Her job is to see if Avery is where she needs to be for her corrected age, which in 2 days will be 4 months old, even though she is almost 7 months old. Anyway, she did good with everything but one thing. She had a delay in lifting up her head when on her tummy. Basically, I was not giving her enough tummy time. It is hard with the reflux and finding time in between naps and long enough after a feeding. But, I was determined to give her total tummy time all through all the day! The lady comes back right after we get back from Canada, so I have been working hard with Avery on her tummy. For the past week, she has done so good on her tummy. She lifts her head up immediately and looks around. She is even trying to lift off her chest a little. But, the best surprise happened a few moments ago! I put her on her tummy, and she lifted up her head so sweetly......and then she ROLLED OVER! You should of seen us! We were screaming with excitement! It was great. And then I turned her back on her tummy, and she rolled over again! It may seem so small of a milestone, but to us, it is just amazing! She is reaching another milestone just when she is supposed to! I am pumped! She is also teething! Drools more than any baby I have ever seen. She soaks her clothes and bibs! She chews so hard on her little hands and fingers. She is so adorable! Below is a photo taken right after she rolled over and went back to eating her hands on her boppy! Her face looks red because she scratched her little face in her sleep.

No comments: